/script> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, June 1, 2015

IamwhitewashingandinZagrebandmore

BOK!

I can say that again, because on Tuesday I got out of the shower and President called and was like you are getting transferred a week early-and whitewashing that area- so pack your bags you leave tomorrow! SO I got transferred to another country, mission HQ in Zagreb, Croatia! I have too many responsibilities and sister durfee and I have gotten to spend a week together.  We always somehow end up companions! So I've had this week to learn the city!

Whitewashing means the missionaries that were there both leave so you show up and have no idea what is happening.  But I do know that Sister Allred is coming! She is awesome, I am pumped for that.

But, in Beograd before I left I went to the Tito and former Jugoslavija museum and such. I cried and a lot of the members cried when I told them I had to go. :( I loved them so much, for real. It's been a hard transition, ali prezivitcu. 

So then I packed, cleaned, exchanged all dinar money to euros so I could change it to kuna here-- they dont trade straight dinar to kuna..

We got stopped at the border and I had to get out and open up all my luggage for the border police. I just sent a huge package home of some stuff, family. DONT OPEN IT!

So, in Zagreb so so so so many meetings, I have been helping fix a lot of visa problems and processes, I scraped the car going through a tiny tunnel. Our apartment is tiny and we have 3 other sisters staying in it tonight, cause transfers! I found a guitar in it though, #blessings.

So in the time we did find this week to contact I walked outside the mission office and there was this guy working on his motorcycle and I talked to him and invited him to church and HE CAME. Even though the mission office is 30 min away from the church! AND ITS A REAL CHAPEL HERE. ONE OF TWO IN THE WHOLE MISSION! And yesterday was district conference and a 70 from Finland came. I had to do tech and broadcast the whole time, woooo.

A quote from yesterday: "If we do not learn to love the things God loves, we will not feel home where He lives." 

I testify Elder Perry was an apostle of God. I testify that Christ died for us, that we can live again with God and with our families. 

- Sestra Richardson




No comments:

Post a Comment