Dobro jutro,
You're probably dying to know why the title of this email is. Well. To make an exhausting story short... once upon a time we got the car keys from the senior couple this Thursday and went to get the car where they had parked it last. IT WASN'T THERE. So we searched and searched and no luck. We, the Elders, and the senior couple are all searching at this point at like 9pm and they realize that actually, we were the last ones to drive it, on Sunday for a dinner, and so where we parked it it should be. We went to where we had parked it.. no car. We called the APs because we needed it to get to Slovenia the next day for a trainee meeting. They gave us the towing number.. the next morning we called and sure enough they had our car. No one really ever gave me instructions on the car and where to park it.. so turns out you can only park in certain blue spaces in a north park of Rijeka. Cool. So after we paid 500KN to get it out of the tow place the next day, (like 100USD) we were on our way and all was well in Slovenia. Now I guess I can say I've had my car towed in a foreign country? Hm. President called at one point in the night I told him Don't stress! Don't stress! He thought that was hilarious that I would tell him not to stress especially when we were the one with the vanishing car.
This P day we went and hiked up to an old bunker on the hill. It was really cool, really sketchy. We went tracting that night and an old baka let us in and we tried to talk with her about the gospel of Jesus Christ. She told us how hard life had been for her, we shared with her words of peace and comfort and quoted some things from the book of Mormon. She made us eat bananas and told us about her family who had all passed away. She showed us her bible, held together by bandaids. SHE WAS SO SWEET. I thought about the widow's mite, and even though she had so little she gave so much. As we were leaving she tried to give us all the money she had in her wallet and told her thank you for telling people about Jesus Christ. We would not take her money but she insisted we take all the fruit she had- like 4 bananas and 2 apples and gave us 2 chocolate bars and cried as we left and said we were so beautiful. She really was so giving and sweet. Not something we expected but, hey, that's a mission. We also tracted and met a Buddhist-Christian. She was really nice too and we talked about why the word of Wisdom is actually a great idea and how she agrees with it one hundred percent.
There was a movie about Amish people that was translated into Croatian with the title as "Mormoni" and I had a record 6 people ask me this week about that and I proceeded to pull out the phone and be like yeah so, I also only have one mom and one dad too. Good to clear these things up.
No comments:
Post a Comment