/script> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, November 3, 2014

Elder Dyches, birds, bunnies, big Book of Mormons

Bok svima, 

Everyone asked for more details this week. This email will be my attempt at more details. So the Croatian Book of Mormon has Moroni 10:3-5 in it in the very front. I love opening that to people on the street and having them read that promise and then talking about how if we ask God in the name of Jesus Christ, sincerely, that we can know if the book is true! So on Tuesday we were walking from club heart to the church and I said this prayer that I would contact every person from there to the church that God would put in my path because we didn't have a lot of contacting/tracting time that day. We were walking up the street and I stopped this really nice girl who said she had read the Bible many times and used to believe in God but doesn't know anymore. I testified about the Book of Mormon and that God exists, He loves her and He knows her. She read Moroni 10:3-5 and just burst into tears and hugged me tight and then Sister Durfee and said it's a good thing it's a good thing! she said they were good tears. She said thank you so much and we talked a little more and gave her the Book of Mormon. There are just a lot of people here that are ready for the gospel of Jesus Christ. The elect hear the word and remember it from when they were told the plan of salvation in heaven. 

We printed a huge Book of Mormon this week for a sweet family we are teaching. We wanted a bigger copy so lds.org is awesome and we totally just printed and bound one for him! What a blessed time we live in that we can do that and have so many resources available to us. When we went to teach him (this is the minister and his family) he asked us a lot of questions about life, the world, what the purpose is. We prayed really hard in planning his lesson and what we should teach and made a picture of the plan of salvation and taught about that. It was perfect. He cried and said he is always searching for answers. He said he will be baptized when he finds out it is true. He said the sweetest prayer at the end of our last lesson and cried and said he is so happy and I cried a little bit too. They are a really sweet family, really patient and really loving. Really excited to learn too. We are really blessed to have met them.

OH MY I am just #blessed I don't even know where to start with this Thursday. First we get the car, drive to head to Zagreb for zone conference and we're stopped on the side/the middle of the street next to a Tisak (like a stand with treats and magazines and such) and I'm in the car with my hazards on while (you park almost anywhere if your hazards are on) Ses D is ten feet away buying us granola bars for later on. The cops speed up behind us and the driver gets out and runs around I thought towards me, I really was shaking I thought we were going to get ticketed or something! I am just always on high alert. But they were just buying a snack at the Tisak too so I was a little shakey from that....
Then we had zone conference. We talked about numbers, we talked about success stories, we talked about FAITH. Faith is so important. Faith can move mountains. We talked about the difference between hard work and hard work with faith. Elder Dyches from the second quorum of the seventy came and taught and it was really powerful. At the end he asked if anyone had questions and no one did, but an Elder raised his hand and said will you just keep talking? It was really cool. Then president Grant came up and told me that Elder Dyches was going to interview someone from the mission and that it was going to be me! So there is this quote in Preach My Gospel about how not to share all the spiritual experiences you have just willy nilly because they are sacred and personal, and that's what that interview was. I am really lucky though that I got to spend some time talking to him. How about a promise if you write me a handwritten letter I'll share some of his wisdom with you? :) Just kidding, I'll share a little here.  We talked about training, trainers, life, even raising kids, missions, sports, and the world. At the end he asked me if I had anything to ask him, because it might be my only chance to ask a general authority a question in a setting like this. I asked him what one decision in his life has made the biggest change in his life? So much wisdom from him. It was really powerful. I prayed and thanked God for that opportunity. It was really powerful, my body was all warm and kind of like a burning inside, hard to describe, when I talked to him. These witnesses of God truly have the spirit about them. I made the comment that for a doctor he had good handwriting and signed my planner to prove you could read his signature. He said his dad was a pharmacist and always complained about doctor's handwriting.

THANK YOU MOM FOR THE PACKAGE AND THE NEW AGGIE GAME DAY SHIRT. YESSS. Okay also I got a letter from a "Jeff Barry" who lives in Logan and all it had in it was the USU beating BYU news story, that's it. I do not know a Jeff Barry unless I am just losing my mind.. so. Anyone know about that? I rejoiced though and loved it!

Okay a worldly story, sorry. Yesterday we were talking to someone outside the church on the sidewalk and all the sudden I just like smell something so gross, like I thought I was going to throw up it was so strong and I just started running toward the church building doors to run up there because I thought I was going to lose my non-existent breakfast (fast sunday) and Sestra Durfee runs after me and was like I think a bird just "went" on my head! Sure enough, there was this slop of green mess on her hair, it was so so so so gross like. I wish I could email a smell you would maybe pass out it was so bad. So we run and scream up to the church, I stuck her head in the shower and washed it out and put dish and hand soap in it. Don't worry though, we got a good picture. So disgusting. Who does that even happen to? Besides us. We had to laugh like all day. She sat through church with wet hair. 

So they don't do Halloween here but the younger crowd knows what it is. We were practicing contacting approaches on a side street together and a about 20 year old came up and was like hey! You're nuns for the Halloween party tonight that is so awesome! We laughed and started to teach him and he was like I'm kidding, I know you are "Mormoni." But, instead of Halloween they have "Svi Sveti" which translates to all holy but I think it's like all saints day in the states. A mix between that and memorial day. We went and visited Ivan's mom's grave and put down and lit candles and brought flowers. It was really peaceful and a strong spirit was there. He told his conversion story and how he has been prepared for the gospel. It was really powerful. 

I love you all! Make good choices!
Sestrichardson

ripping open the package, the halloween aktivnost for our branch, one of the coolest members in the world, Emma. she gave me that necklace (she made it)! 








my glasses case from the states, street "brother pants", at a gorgeous house of our friend Matea- she and her family fed us dinner last night. she is great!




No comments:

Post a Comment