(PS I made my blog private, if you want viewing privileges just email me and I can add you)
Sunday was district conference, for the whole district of Croatia, in Zagreb at the chapel. It was great to see members from all around the country! After that I had an exchange with Sister Marks so I just stayed in Zagreb and her companion went home with mine. We contacted on the street a few people who talked about how the Bible is really confusing to them. We taught them about the Book of Mormon and the Bible together and about modern day prophets. I am again, just so grateful that I know exactly what is expected of me and what I can do to return to live with God!
Zagreb was a lot of work. Hard work. Sister Marks is a lot of fun and we just talked and talked and talked and worked. She just gets me and really understands missionary work. It was a breath of fresh air! We had a meeting with President Grant about facebook English class pages and I spent some time designing, updating, etc. etc. just a lot of things that needed finalization. Check out facebook.com/RijekaEnglish and there are like 12? other pages too of what we have been doing! Lots of work. I'm glad everything is (hopefully) finalized though now. Never thought I'd be using that skill on my mission! The best part is they only have ghetto programs on the church computers like paint and microsoft publisher, unlike using adobe illustrator like I'm used to. We made logos and flyers and updated a lot of things in the mission!
I bore my "Aggiemony" to Sister Marks during the exchange, and since this is her last transfer she will be going home soon. She decided that she wanted to go to Utah State too so we like did her application and everything and that night made a blue smoothie to celebrate! An awesome member, Ivana, fed us rabbit, deer, and boar stew that I literally was picking bones out from as I ate. It was very flavorful! The same member we went with to Varaždin for P day and the "center of the world".. see the pictures. AND especially for the Richardson family would love to know, we got milk out of a machine on the side of the road! I will send a picture.
We drove President's car to run a few errands and the lights were broken (we had to take it into the shop the next morning) so only the brights or no lights worked! Cars honked at us the whole time that our brights were on. Not our fault! Zagreb's English class is super cool, one baka brought us oranges and chocolates which was great because we were so busy this week that we just kind of forget to eat, I lost 10 pounds haha so no complaints here!
We exchanged back on Friday, and Lucky and his son David came to Aktivnost! So, turns out he is actually not a Catholic minister, but was in the ministry for a Catholic priest, which means he was a priest's assistant thing for most of his teenage years. We played UNO and games with him and he got to meet a lot of members and asked a lot about baptism because of a wall of pictures we have of people's baptisms. He kept telling members at Aktivnost how I had stopped him on the street and basically forced the book of Mormon into his hands and made him read a verse and he felt something crazy powerful, and that we stopped him while he was on the way to church that night at Trsat- a huge Catholic cathedral!
We taught another new investigator this week, Josipa. We actually found her like 3 weeks ago talking to her on the street and I kept calling and calling her. Finally she answered and I asked if we could meet up and talk more. She said both her and her mom have been reading from the Book of Mormon I gave her and wanted to talk the next day! Her mom ended up not being able to come to the lesson, but we taught her and she loved it. She hugged us at the end and was beaming. The spirit truly touched her. The member we had in on the lesson asked us to hold of on teaching her tithing because she thought it would scare her away. Hahaha. She is a senior in what we would call high school. The Lord knows her, he knows each of us! It's really cool that after talking to, contacting, tracting thousands of people that the Lord blesses us and shows us his elect!
Transfers are announced Thursday morning via a mission-wide email, we'll see where this next transfer will take me or if I'll enjoy a warm winter in Rijeka!
LOVE YOU ALL.
castle in Varaždin, P day, getting milk from a machine! I have drank almond milk my whole mission, but I couldn't resist that and it made me feel horrible inside haha but it tasted good!
No comments:
Post a Comment