/script> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, October 20, 2014

Krštenje AnaMarie

Bok bok bok,

I just got fingerprinted! My visa is almost done! That is exciting news. BUT MORE EXCITING...

ANAMARIA CHOSE TO GET BAPTIZED. 
It was so beautiful. 
She was so happy. 
It was like that innocent, peaceful, happiness and the spirit of God was there! There is nothing better. I promise. You just can't trade a worldly moment for seeing something as special as that moment was and feeling the spirit like that. We have been teaching her for about a month, her dad is a member. She has wanted to be baptized for a long time now, it was just kind of a matter of making it happen. We set up the font (big pool) and filled it up Friday, it took several hours. I played the piano (thanks mom) and said the opening prayer for the service. It was so beautiful! And one of our investigators came because he wanted to see how it worked! It was just such a blissful day. Just the fact that I got to see it was just. So cool. She was beaming after, really excited. 

More things: we went to Bakar for last P day, we got there and realized all there was to do was look at like old houses and a church and so we just came back. But a cute little city.  We had a mexican night for family home evening. Sister Durfee and I made a pinjata out of water bottles and made it into the shape of a cactus. It was.. ghetto. Robi totally destroyed it with a bat and we ate tacos.  Some guy we contacted we talked to and he asked us if he could take a picture of us. I was looking great- no makeup, spilled something on my skirt. It was great. Not sure why he asked that. But he was heading to the states in a few days to go on a Caribbean cruise. SO long story short, if you see a pic of Sestra Durfee and I floating around on the internet, that's where it's from. 

We went running in pouring rain. Need I say more? English class was great, as usual. Tracting this week we had lots of people tell us we just came by a few days ago (the Jehoviah's witnesses) and a few people like "there are two girls at the door- Mormons- from America who can't speak this language!" and just laugh and laugh at us. It was quite the experience. 

We have some awesome investigators, one we read the Book of Mormon aloud with in a lesson yesterday and she was like wait.. can we read more? So we read more with her! She is super excited about it.

Guys. Why am I on a mission? Happiness. Even when we just have a moment to teach and testify in the street for a moment and teach about how much God loves them, the plan of salvation, etc. people feel it! They feel the happiness that we carry. Life can be hard, the mission can be hard, but we are most happiest when we follow Jesus Christ! We follow Him. We try to be like Him. That's why I'm here. That's the message everyone needs to hear. The happiest, most important message in the world. 

Doviđenja, 
Sestra Richardson

pics: Bakar seaside, AnaMaria's baptism, running in the rain in the morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment