Hello!
We have zone conference here today in Karlovac, so I'm writing you here from a very large, old computer Sister Durfee and I think we can time travel on.
For Pday we played soccer with Robi! An awesome member and he was really good, I am definitely a little rusty but we did great. We played on a nice turf with the Elders. After, we came home and made a smoothie and napped and we got a buzz at our gate.. which never ever happens unless we order food. So, it was a cop. I went barefoot in my sweats to the gate and let him in. We invited him in and he interviewed us to get our visas. Every day is an adventure, for real.
We waited to get our bus passes for a total of probably 10 hours this week. They got these new fancy city cards and so that was cool. I got asked this week about the assumption of Mary and lots of Catholic things I haven't studied before, I'm really getting deep into bible study lately and loving that. I taught a lesson over the phone this week too, for 50 minutes!
Our English class is SO GOOD. I love teaching English. We told them about conference for our spiritual thought at the end. We practiced "hello" and "please" and "nice to meet you" and "good job."
We taught a few of our new investigators this week. It has really grown (I'm sorry if my English is getting poor, I know) my testimony of the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ on the earth today, and how we have a living prophet! How lost would we be without modern day leaders to guide us.
We talked to some great people on the street this week. One nice woman asked us if we were trying to start a movement or something, I told her nope, but we're missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I made sister Durfee contact a lot this week. She is getting really good at the language.
CONFERENCE WAS SOOOO GOOD. OH MAN. I saw Aunt Nola and Mrs. Eggett in the choir and pointed them out to the whole branch. Our friend Petar, a Jehoviah's Witness showed up at the church right before conference started on Saturday and wanted to return the pamphlets I gave him and give me some more of his. I invited he and his wife to stay for conference. They said if we came again they'd make us more palačinke. Super nice. We also unclogged the women's bathroom toilet at the church and found a plastic cup in it, I donno. Also played go fish with pictures of the apostles and first presidency for Aktivnost.
ALSO. YESTERDAY WAS SO COOL BECAUSE after conference we were walking back to the bus station to go home and walked through a crowd and I heard, "Sisters!" So we looked back, a man walked up and introduced himself as also a Latter-Day Saint! He was Filipino, he was working on the ships here so was temporarily here and introduced me to his crew and we said hello and asked if we could help them and he wanted a picture together! He was so happy to see we have missionaries here and happy to see us and we were THRILLED to see him too. We talked for a little and went our bus stop. So, there is picture of us somewhere on the internet cause he took one with his iPhone. Is there some kind of new iPhone? That one looked different. Maybe I just forgot what they look like. Anyways I teared up at the bus station thinking literally anywhere you go in the whole world, there are members of the church, no matter what language, what country, what background. IT MADE ME SO HAPPY. I CANNOT EVEN EXPLAIN.
Wasn't conference amazing? We are truly blessed to be guided by a prophet today. That we do not have to be confused in a world with so much confusion, that we can have strength and guidance, that we can pray to our loving Father in Heaven in the name of our brother, Jesus Christ- the one who died because HE LOVES US. He loves us so much.
Sorry this is short! By the way, GO AGGIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew you'd get the Cougs. Svaka čast, stvarno. Aw man, some one keep that one on DVR for me. I'd be lying if I said I didn't keep them in my prayers this week. :)
LOVE YOU ALL
Sestra Richardson
Sestra Richardson
pics: playing soccer, a member we met from the Philippines!, conference Sunday morning, fixing the toilet and setting up for conference, aunt nola
No comments:
Post a Comment