/script> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, October 13, 2014

Jeremiah 16:16

Hola!

It was Croatian Independence Day this week. Tons of flags, everything gets cancelled, no one goes to work. That was cool to be here for that. 

We had two huge visiting families at church yesterday! I heard English, Italian, German and Croatian. Both from the states but living in Italy and Germany. It was testimony meeting and it was great to see all of them and still feel the spirit no matter what we speak. 

We taught a lesson to an investigator using family history on the church computer. HE WAS THRILLED. It's great to see the spirit of Elijah in the hearts of people here. He got to do some research and we helped him too. We both printed out of 4 line pedigree charts and he is working on getting his all filled out too.   We talked to a lot of Athiests this week. I always testify to them that I know God knows them, loves them, and has a plan for them. They always say thank you and never argue that when I say it. I just love getting to talk to so many people here. Even when I can't understand everything they say. 

We had another lesson with some of our Jehoviah Witness friends. They were really nice. Gave me one of their bibles in Croatian. We talked about the Book of Mormon and I testified about the restoration. It just strengthened my testimony of the restored gospel. It's the same one Jesus had on the earth and established! We talked about the authority of God, why we have twelve apostles and a prophet like just the church before. It was a good chat. It's not confusing, Jesus is the Christ, he died for us, we can follow him and have happiness! In His church!

We had EIGHT appointments fall through this week. That was hard for us, but we worked hard and talked to more people! Lots and lots of good contacts, one minister who offered to meet us at a cafe later and talk about the book! Mormonova Kniga. I'm super excited, he was really cool and really interested. Never heard anything about the gospel of Jesus Christ before.

Stopped a couple in the street, about 50's, asked them if we could share a message about happiness. He leaned in, kissed me on the cheek, and told me "that is happiness!" His wife punched him in the arm as we walked away. We had to laugh though. God knows when we need a little something in our day to lighten our spirits. 

Since everyone always asks me for things that are different about Croatia, here's one thing: scented toilet paper. Ours currently smells like oranges. I LOVE IT. And they don't have dryers, just washers. 

LOVE YOU ALL. Remember faith, love charity! Be safe over fall break! 
Sestra Richardson

fountain outside our house, view on the bus ride to a lesson, outside the gov building




No comments:

Post a Comment