Well you heard from me Wednesday, but here's an update of the last few wdays.
We contacted this lady named Maja as she was out walking her dog and talked to her, of course, about the Book of Mormon. Explained it all, she asked a few questions, and she gave us her address so we could come over Monday night and teach her. Super nice lady. Seriously 20 minutes later we get a text saying it was her and not to come over and to delete her number.... satan is still around everybody but we are on God's team and nothing can stop the work from progressing! The truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independently til it has penetrated every continent, visited every Croat and climb! Swept every Balkan country, and sounded in every ear... 'til the Great Jehovah shall say "the work is done."
Sister Allred and I were talking about the second coming and about how the righteous be taken up in the clouds and then the wicked will remain on the earth and the earth will be burned..... we were talking about the process of the righteous all the sudden lifted up in the air and she said "it's kind of like when you are sitting on the couch and your mom comes to vacuum so you just lift up your feet for a second and your put them back down and everything is cleaner... .I hope this is not sacrilegious but we had a good chat about it.
I still have a cold and maybe a sinus infection? from that time I squirted Serbian water up my nose with my filtered water bottle to try and get rid of my cold a few months ago. It's all good though, all good. The work moves on.
A miracle in my eyes---- we were cleaning out the family history center at the church and the office missionaries told me I could throw away this really old printer because we got a new one. Everyone said we could but as we walked out of the building I had this feeling DON'T THROW IT AWAY. So I put it in the back of the car instead and it just stayed there.....I wasn't sure what to do with it but just not trash it. A few days ago the director of the family history center contacted us and they actually really really needed that printer for a few reasons or another and asked where it was. phew! So luckily we got it all back. Some missionaries have a miracle and 35 people get baptized, but you know what I saved a printer this week! Through small and simple things.. ha
We went tracting and written on someone's doorbell was "squeeze more" and Sister Allred and I, who have both not worn makeup like all week, just laughed so hard we cried. Squeeze more is how it literally translates but like press hard is what it really means. Good ol' door to door.
SATURDAY we had a car wash again. One out of two we have done this week. We gave 4 groups of people church tours and gave out lots of Book of Mormons and pamphlets. Now we are washing lots and lots of old crusty towels in our washer today. It was great. A good success. Lots of people crossing themselves in the chapel as they walk into it. They really respect the chapel. THEN we got cleaned up a little bit and drove to the center of the city--- got to go to the Paul Cardall humanitarian concert! For kids with heart defects, like Paul had. We could only go if we paid our way and brought an investigator. It was a great concert. We did the Facebook advertising for it. I thought it was a good turnout considering what they charged for tickets. The concert was touching, one little girl played and it made me cry. That was great.
SUNDAY was super funny to me- of course Brother Cardall attends church in Zagreb, where I casually play the piano. No pressure. I chose some hymns to play cause the branch presidency didn't so I chose some super easy ones. But they sing an intermediate hymn every week here so I get up at the time we are supposed to sing that and start walking up to the piano and the brother conducting the meeting motions me to sit down, very very awkward. So i stop in my tracks and turn around and he calls out Paul to come play something instead-- so he comes and wows everyone! then I played like sweet hour of prayer for the closing hymn. Bahaha. good journal moment. Then we went to the mission home for some public affairs stuff and had dinner with him and other important people. and worked and worked. misionarski rad. He said at dinner that he had played with Aunt Linda in Hyde Park, she on the violin! And showed me a picture of you all together. Awesome!
We are prepping for zone conference Tuesday, reading about the HOW of studying the book of Mormon. What is the difference between STUDYING and READING?
Also been listening to a lot of conference talks. I am excited for general conference. It gives me a lot of peace.
Love you,
Sestra richardson
No comments:
Post a Comment