/script> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, July 20, 2015

Praise to the man!

Hola i postovani, 

This week I was on exchange with two sestre in Osijek.  I were in a companionship of three there. We stopped a guy the first 20 minutes of being there, he accepted a Book of Mormon and a return appointment. The next day at the church we had a lesson with all of us and a member.  He said he had already read the first Nefi. He spent the first 25 minutes talking about the war and then I reminded him we only had a 45 minutes appointment and we prayed, had a lesson about the restoration. He was a really cool guy and has been through a lot. That whole city has. he said he was a family man and he believes there is good in all people but they get confused and corrupted. The spirit was strong. That was one of the coolest lessons of my mission. When the member in on the lesson with us told the story of Joseph Smith he also read to him the account in Joseph Smith history -  18 My object in going to inquire of the Lord was to know which of all the sects was right, that I might know which to join. No sooner, therefore, did I get possession of myself, so as to be able to speak, than I asked the Personages who stood above me in the light, which of all the sects was right (for at this time it had never entered into my heart that all were wrong)—and which I should join.
 19 I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: “they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.”
 20 He again forbade me to join with any of them; and many other things did he say unto me, which I cannot write at this time. When I came to myself again, I found myself lying on my back, looking up into heaven. When the light had departed, I had no strength; but soon recovering in some degree, I went home. And as I leaned up to the fireplace, mother inquired what the matter was. I replied, “Never mind, all is well—I am well enough off.” I then said to my mother, “I have learned for myself that Presbyterianism is not true.” It seems as though the adversary was aware, at a very early period of my life, that I was destined to prove a disturber and an annoyer of his kingdom; else why should the powers of darkness combine against me? Why the opposition and persecution that arose against me, almost in my infancy?
The member teaching with us was super bold. The man we were teaching's eyes filled with tears. He just looked at me. I asked him if he felt something. He said, "I feel like I just had a spiritual Red Bull" and that he had never felt like this in his life. POWERFUL. I was in tears at this point too and so were the other two sisters. We finished the lesson, prayed, and they left. The three of us were left sitting in the chapel. One of the sisters started crying even more. She had not had a sit-lesson the whole transfer until that moment. She hugged me and we all felt real good. Sometimes the mission is rough! And sometimes life is rough! But we just have to take those really cool moments God gives us to uplift us and bless us and help us bless others and let us all feel the spirit. 
My testimony of Joseph Smith is that is RESTORED Jesus Christ's church. He brought it back! Someone said to me this week.. well.. my church is older than yours! I was like wait.. and we chatted about that.

More-- Paul Cardall is coming to our mission! I am doing lots of the PA and PR for it! He is a great pianist. Look up his stuff. 

We went thrift shopping last Pday. If you think that's good stuff in the states come to Croatia. I bought 4 dresses for 15 bucks all together.  

We were driving the car and the lights wouldn't turn and we were on a huge highway so I just held my brights down all the way home. 

It is so humid here. I can deal with the hot but the humid part kills me. We fasted as a zone yesterday, it was in July 19 (yesterday), 1837 Heber C. Kimball and six others arrived in Liverpool, England, on the first overseas mission. For us to see these 60 baptisms. Faith and the help of the Lord! 

Some lady stopped me on the street and interviewed me about if I had traveled in the last 6 months! I laughed but answered all her questions she asked me! Look for me on the news ha

I am still working on public affairs and public relations. We got an awesome awesome couple tracting, went back the next day and he wouldn't let us in with the buzzer on the building, we get to his door and knock twice and he finally opens and is like I heard (all kinds of false doctrine and polygamy and etc) about you guys and I don't want to be a part of it! and hands us back the Book of Mormon. That is always tough. We are trying to get it together over here as far as our presence on the internet. Any cool people we meet get on the internet and are immediately bombarded by the adversary! From a conference talk: "To heed is to give careful attention. Heeding those who do not believe in Christ will not help you find Him.Searching #spaciousbuilding for knowledge will not lead you to truth. It’s not posted there. Only the Savior has “the words of eternal life.”8 Everything else is just words. The large and spacious building symbolizes the “vain imaginations and the pride”9 of the world—in other words, distraction and deception. It’s filled with well-dressed people who seem to have everything. But they mock the Savior and those who follow Him. They are “ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.”

Look at this video of us working out one morning https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6e4WzDHC-U7a21Kb3hlNmM0Y1k/view?usp=sharing they have little workout areas like this all over in Rijeka and Zagreb! They are the best! 

Alright, another scattered email from Sestra Richardson! 
I love and pray for you all.




No comments:

Post a Comment