/script> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, July 20, 2015

*I can talk that with a laugh*

*I can say that with a smile* is what they meant to say, but someone said that to us in English this week. Funny how things really translate so awfully. 

Dear OBITELJ i tako, 
This week at MLC we talked a lot about our 60 baptisms goal for the mission by the end of this year. We had one in Zagreb this weekend, so we are at 15!  We pretty much had a mission-wide heart-to-heart about how we can and are going to do this!!!!!!!! We need a lot of help from the Lord and a lot of prayer and faith and planning, but it will happen. Already we have seen miracles. I ask for your prayers in this as we continue on!

A big miracle from this week. (also please excuse my awful punctuation this week different computer again) I dont remember if I said this in an earlier email or not, but Sis Allred and I have been praying for a family of five to share the gospel with. We pray for that in every prayer. Well, we were on exchanges and I was with Sister Y. We were contacting and no one alllllll day had not even stopped to talk to us for not even 10 seconds!  We walked past this kafić, which is like an outdoor cafe thing and this guy and I make eye contact. He was about in his 40s. He and I just stare at each other as we walk past, it was weird. He yells out, which church do you proselyte for? I said, "Jesus Christ's church." He is like is that a Catholic church? no. methodist? no. "who are you? mormons?" yes. He said sit down if you will, I feel impressed I need to talk to you. So he smoked a cig and is drinking and we are just sitting there and the sister I am with is just like ummm..but I was all for this.  so he said to us, "I am not a Catholic, but a Christian. I think people have changed religion and the ways of Jesus from how they really should be. I feel that I need to talk to you. I only have fifteen minutes."  We taught him the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He asked us questions, we had the answers. My mind was perfectly clear and I knew what I needed to tell this man. He said he'd never felt anything like he was feeling in that moment and that he and his WIFE AND THREE KIDS (FAMILY OF FIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) need more spirit in their lives. It was like one of those feel-good church shows you watch that you just see a moment of it and you cry a little! I needed that this week. He was so sincere. He said he and his family would come to church and Sunday and he wanted to know how what I was saying "the light coming from you" and the "light you are speaking" could be a bigger part of his life. He even said that he knew he shouldn't smoke and asked us what our church believed about that.  As we got up and walked away I was in shock and prayed and thanked God for that. He really knows us. He wants us to grow and he's not going to give us a perfect answer to all of our questions, but he will give us what is best for us. Sad story that Tomislav and his family never came, but I have faith that we will talk with him again. 

On other notes though! We talked to this college students who invited us to their cafeteria and we taught them the restoration there while they ate and he told us how he knew the story of John smith and how he went inside a mountain and God told him where all the planets were. Hm. The wholllleee cafeteria just were staring at us like who are these nuns in here?? Also we had just eaten so I got like a salad and they were like oh sorry we didnt know mormons dont eat meat.... We got like 4 referrals this week cause our referral system started working so all them from the last couple months were stacked up. We went to one lady's house and she yelled out the window "you guys came over last summer for me!!" 

ALSO this awesome biker chick with the sickest leather jacket I talked to and she was like......espanol? I sat there for like 20 seconds trying to say dobar dan but couldnt find the phrase.. then remembered and spatted out BUENOS DIAS! and she gave me a warm muy bien or something back!! And then I took two steps away and realized I had a testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith pamphlet in spanish that I found in our apartment and whipped it out and said bueno bueno!! and walked away. I need to learn more languages. I had been praying I could find someone to give that to too though. So cool. Next language: German. 

My feet get to swollen and gross by the end of the day but Sis Allred is a dancer and told me to soak them in hot water and salt so I do that cesto now, it is beautiful. I have a designated foot bowl ha.

Saturday Rijeka came and had a baptism for a woman I helped teach while I was there!!!!!! It has taken her a while but she made it. It was cool for me to see that. They have a ghetto pool font so they used Zagreb's. She was beaming after her baptism and said she felt that her grandpa was proud of her. She has had a really rough life. I am so happy for her.

This email just keeps taking twists and turns. Sometimes when you contact on the streetz yo yo yo you have this strong feeling you should or should not talk to someone. So we are walking and I see down a weird path this guy in all white cloth robe things and his lady and he has long hair, beard and beatles sunglasses.  We stop him and he's like sorry we are satanists.. i was like oh! ok uh? and he was like just kidding I am Jesus Christ.... we were like ummmmm but had this chat with him where he told us a lot of his life problems and secrets and other, interesting, interesting things. then invited us to his bar and told me I was not happy. I told him I am the happiest I have ever been in my life, but I am a little hungry hahaha. What even is a mission. #signsofthetimes

Alright, I will wrap it up. but I do want you to enjoy this picture with me:
I love you all. Laughs aside I do know that this is Jesus Christ's church. The real one, who died for our sins and suffered in the garden of Gethsemane. He saved us from eternal death and invites us to come to Him and Heavenly Father that we may have eternal life. 

Sve najbolje. 
Sister Richardson


No comments:

Post a Comment