/script> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, March 9, 2015

"Ko je Bog?"

Dear svima,

This week was, like most weeks, a lot of contacting, tracting, working!

I have heard from a few letters you want more specific stories, izvolite:
We talked to this woman with 2 teeth on Monday night and she was like "oooooh Mormoni, Who is God?" So Sister Durfee said, "Our Heavenly Father" and the lady said "nope!" and we gave her more answers.. our Father.. our Ruler.. Someone who cares for us.. He hears and answers our prayers. She just kept saying no!  She told us how Jesus and God and the Holy Spirit are the same person. We talked about John in the new testament with her about Christ's baptism, and how God in the first vision says he is pleased with Christ,  his Son, and how we can pray to know they are separate beings, but united in purpose. We talked but always strive to teach, and if there is contention and the spirit is not there- we cannot teach! So we just listened and she ended her speech to us with "pokajati se! pokajati se! imate vremina, ali vrlo malo, vrlo malo!" (repent! repent! you have time, but very little!) and then about how we were going to hell... interesting street conversations uvek.

We taught some good first lessons this week and have been working to build up our investigator pool. Two girls we taught said "wow, this is something I actually really needed to hear and something that would be really good for the people here." Person by person... the gospel will go forth! We skyped President for mission leadership meeting thing.

We talked to another lady who tried to get us to marry her 32 year old nephew. We laughed and we're like haha we are on missions! She was like "my nephew is on a mission too!" (like a mission to get married) funny. She actually talked to "pretty girls like us with black name tags" when she lived in England for a few years, so. We are teaching her this week! 

I GOT MY VISA! It is good til the 8th month. We'll see how long I'll really be here though. Last time in Rijeka right when I got my visa I left. Transfers are at the end of this month.

There was a pizza on our door mat one night at 8:30 when we got home. We figured it was maybe the Elders or the members so we ate the whole thing- we were so so hungry and too tired to cook. It was soggy and cold and I got kind of sick. But I'm fine now! We have leadership council in Zagreb this weekend. This mission is going good places. Very very slowly, but it is going! I spent most of the meeting complaining how a lot of this work could be moved forward faster with iPads, and so did President! I read a letter this week "being digital disciples in a digital age."  and I love that. The technology is there, let's just use it for good!

It was "women's day" yesterday in all of Serbia. 8og martu. We got cards and chocolate and so much food and randomly got called up to the front to sing as sisters in Zion in sacrament meeting, in English. It was weird to sing in English.

I love you all! Have a safe, busy spring break. 

S ljubalvlju, 
Sestra Richardson




No comments:

Post a Comment