/script> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, March 2, 2015

I have 20 years and so does Durfee

Hvala vama za sve!

I have 20! That's how you say it in Serbian.  And Sister's Durfee birthday was on the 26th as well. We celebrated by eating so much- we bought 120 dollars worth of groceries (on our tab) with a sister in our branch and she made a huge meal with all of it! And some cake later for ourselves.  IT WAS SO GOOD. Take any food you like, make it three times better and three times fresher, that is what serbian food tastes like. SO GOOD. I also got some..... pretty interesting.... gifts. We had the dinner with our district and that member's sons. Then we contacted (yay missionary work!) and played volleyball with some investigators and members and missionaries and cleaned the church.

Tracting this week a lady opens the door and it on the phone, I was like oh I am sorry we can come back and she's like! "VI STE SEKTASI!" (you are a sect!)  and lots of things, slams the door, and we are like oh have a nice day madam and move on and she opens the door AGAIN to yell at us! Never had that happen before. 2 times door slam from the same door! Two birds one stone?

We were in a sock store last p day and there was a man in there from England buying all kinds of underwear and had so many questions about it and asked the ladies running this tiny underground (literally, under main street there are tunnels with shops) had no idea what he was saying so I ended up translating all these questions (What size are these boxers? Where they made in China? Do they stretch? Do you have this one in pink? How much is 800dinar in euros? etc etc.) So awkward. NEVER A DULL MOMENT ON THE MISSION.

We visited a member to discuss a relief society activity for all the members in the country, they had 6 cats! I showed them a picture of my cat and we talked about cats for a solid 20 minutes. We were contacting and there was a little book vender and I stopped and we talked to him and I asked if he would sell me a bible (they are SO HARD to find here in Serbian language, I do not even know why) and he asked us of course where we were from (people always think I am from Poland or France) and we ended up talking to him about religion and he was like I am just waiting for revelation. And we were like WHAT we have it! Modern day religion. We gave him a book of Mormon, we are going back to him this week to see what he thought and if he prayed about it. Sometimes just stopped people on the street does not work for so long that you gotta change up your tactics a little! 
It has been another long but good week. Sister Durfee and I planned last night and got in our PJs and then I turned on some Mormon Tabernable and EFY music and we ended up dancing for a good 20 minutes. I had rolling pin I was playing like a guitar and she was singing into a balloon. ?

This week I have been studying Joseph Smith and the restoration. How important it is that we have the pravo authority on the earth and that we live by the gospel. We are so blessed to live in a dispensation where the gospel can be proclaimed unto every nation and lived by every person who is willing!

Love you!!
Sister Richardsnfkldg

that food picture WAS JUST THE FIRST COURSE! It was fast sunday the next day and when the fast was over I was still not hungry.. from what I had eaten Saturday! So much food







No comments:

Post a Comment