/script> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, December 1, 2014

дан захвалности = day of thankfulness

Zdravo from Beograd, Serbia! I am adjusting to a new country and language which I love just as much!
My last lesson in Rijeka, we taught our investigator Nanci and the lesson before we had kneeled and prayed with her that she could find a job. Well, this lesson she told us that ten minutes after that prayer and we had left, her old employer called her and told her she could have another job! I was sad to leave a lot of really cool people and new friends we were teaching that we had worked hard to find in Rijeka, but I love Beograd too. We are going to work hard here too to find people. It is really cold so we are having a meeting this week with the four elders serving here to see what we can do for finding activities because it's hard to get people to want to stop and talk to you in this cold! I tried to say snow yesterday- it's a slightly different word here. Also asked the landlord about his obitelj and he was confused- the word family is porodica here!
Thanksgiving we spent at the Rogerson's. They are one of four embassy families who are in our branch here. It was so good. We got jello and pumpkin pie which are two things they don't really have here, they have to buy them special from the embassy store. It was really nice to be in a house!
A dog got on one of the buses with us this week. He just hopped on and went person to person smelling them and I think looking for food. One guy was joking and was like where is your bus pass!? And kept asking the dog. I laughed really hard with him at this. Then the next stop the dog just hopped off! They are really smart. There was one we saw yesterday that I was scared was going to run into the road and so waiting at the crosswalk I whistled so it would come near instead of into the road but it just waited, then when it realized the sign was green and the cars were going the other way it walked across with us! Funny.
Sister Konietz, who is from Frankfurt, Germany (lives across the street from the temple) is great! I am excited to learn a few German words from her. She got really sick this week with a cold and aches and congested and I kept getting these weird headaches when I'd stand up and feel like puking when I'd eat. It was weird.. I would get up and work out at 6:30 and then just be exhausted or hurt or anything and end up asleep on the floor and she would try too to come do something and we'd both end up in bed, sleeping literally the whole day.  So we slept almost the whole day for three days. I am feeling pretty good now though, and we are sister training leaders for Serbia so we have leadership meeting in Zagreb today, so much travel! We watched Mr. Kreuguer's Christmas though. I tried to study but it kind of hurt my brain. We did go through a ton of the area book, we are following up and contacting a lot of former investigators.
For church Sunday we got to translate a primary class. Children are so smart. One like got up out of his seat and ran to point at a picture and was like Jesus blessing his disciples with the God's power! I had a smile the whole day after that.


Last P day when I sent a package home they gave me a nun's discount, 10% off, which I saw later on the receipt. Good stuff! 

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment