They really have those here, people have little carts and they roast them and sell them! I will buy some and tell you how they are. #authentic
We had leadership council this week in Zagreb. Every time we cross boarders we have to get out passports stamped and so mine is getting quite full! The meeting was really uplifting, we talked about finding all the lost sheep and that the Lord would go out and search for the one until it was found and all were accounted for. We got to drive "the box" (this huge van the mission owns) (and I'm pretty sure the biggest vehicle in all of the Balkans) there with the Zone Leaders and sang Christmas songs most of the 4 hour drive. The bus ride home was 6 hours. I am an expert at travel.
Dad would enjoy this: we skyped a family who were baptised in France this week but are from Serbia so we teach them more! It's great to see technology help and bless the work! It was weird though to be over skype and not be able to do things like turn the book of mormon pages to where they could read or like give their two small kids high fives. Technology is our frienddd!
I finished my study of the gospels this week- Matthew, Mark and Luke. How blessed are we to have the freedoms to read and study the bible and the life of Jesus Christ! My testimony of my brother and savior grows every day.
In random moments from the week: An Elder from Montenegro called us this week and was like hey I'm calling all the old apartments I lived in, is there a piece of long black silk there? We were like excuse me? He was like, it's cape. I lost this cape of mine. Bless his soul. We went to the local hospital to ask if there was any kind of service we could help with for Christmas and they were like "No?" We were like well can we donate anything? "No." Okay well is there another time we could come back? "No." It was strange. ALSO there was a white rabbit just hopping around in the middle of centar. Just on this big tiled area, with no one around us. I didn't get a picture, but, yeah. Weird. We played volleyball for a branch activity with some investigators and members and the elders
saturday and I am still sore, it was super fun!
I had to translate part of fast and testimony meeting yesterday, the brother who spoke talked about how powerful and great it is that we get to partake of the sacrament.
Okay another good story: We took a cheesy picture by our little tree in our apartment one night before bed, at district meeting the next day the elders were like wait you took a Christmas picture? Like one with Santa? We just played along with it and were like uh.. yeah yeah? So the next night it's like
8:30 we were doing calls and going through our area book and they called us and were like so like we found the Santa you were talking about in city centar, it's him right? Like you didn't just go to a photo place or anything right? I WAS CRYING I was laughing so hard. They somehow actually found a Santa. They thought we were for real. Oh my. So they got a picture with him I guess! The story goes on, but you will see that story on our Christmas card.
This guy handed me his business card on a street corner and I just said, "trade?" in a Serbian accent and handed him a restoration pamphlet. Hahaha. That was after a long day of contacting and I just needed a laugh. We talked to a couple and the man said he believes in the sun and in nature. I asked him how he knew that the sun will come up each morning. He said "from experience." I asked him if he would try an experiment for himself and read the book of Mormon and ask God if it was true!
God's work goes forward! I love you all and pray that you will be safe for finals and the holidays!
Love, Sister Richardson
No comments:
Post a Comment