/script> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, November 9, 2015

Don't be stiffnecked!

Zivijo, 

This week brought all kinds of surprises. The fun never ends on a mission, really. The sad news is I have been demoted to the couch-bed in our kitchenroom/living room, where I have to sleep sideways because there is a big bump in the middle of the cushion! And the curtain thing is broken so the streetlight blinds my eyes all night, but, the good news is...
I am in a trio! President Grant called Sister Rhodes (strange that she, Sister Allred and I all have a friend in common- Claire Christiansen) from the Slovenia side of the mission to this side! So she has to learn Croatian now! On Saturday we went to a baptism in Maribor and then drove to Kranj and slept on the floor and went to sacrament meeting in Kranj, then Sister Duffy, a mini missionary and I drove to Ljubljana for third hour and did the internet "Flood the earth" presentation there! 

The members were actually very pumped about all the internet things in Slovenia! I had a mini missionary from Slovenia help me give the presentation, since Rhodes and Allred were in Kranj... but since there are a lot of older people in the Ljubljana branch I spoke Croatian and they understood me! So that was a bit of a miracle. Except when one lady said something back to me and I was like uh, I think yes, maybe..good.. and turns out she was baggin' on the whole concept of what we were trying to do. I am grateful I am not trying to learn Slovene! I threw in a couple phrases I knew in their language and they thought that was so funny. It was hard staying awake during sacrament meeting when I could not understand! 
So then we took Sister Rhodes back with us yesterday night and put all her stuff in. She is going to be taking my calling and working with Sister Allred. It will be nice to have someone that speaks Slovene instead of Allred and I trying to make stuff up and calling to ask people if it is correct. She will be great! So, we are training her this week and then President said I will be going somewhere else in the mission "sending you out to pasture" is the phrase he used! But I am going to put my shoulder to the wheel to the end! But this week we are going to be not sleeping AKA training Rhodes.

HAHAHAHAHAHA I should not be laughing at this, maybe I should, but there was this dead cat in the road by our apartment a few weeks ago, and people just kept running over and over it and we took a picture of it. Then this "missing cat" poster shows up on our building and surrounding buildings this week, WITH PICTURES. So we compared the two pictures and realized that it was the cat that died.. awkward... so Sister Allred decided to call them cause that seemed like the nice thing to do. So she calls and is like "Hello, so we are not sure but we think we saw your cat." and the lady is like yes... and sister allred says "It died." 
             Then there is this pause for a good 10 seconds and the lady is like... no, we found her? and sister allred is like oh, well good job! and hangs up. Language fail. Also someone must have bought them a similar looking cat and gotten the cash reward because that was for sureee the dead cat! 

A member this week showed us THE NEW/UPDATED BOOK OF MORMON TRANSLATION!!! She has the whole thing printed. That was so cool. Hopefully that actually comes out sometime in the next five years.
I hurt my neck and got a cold this week. I just took drugs and continued on, we had a lot to do! A few lessons bailed, but Sister Allred got the restoration video on the websites for our country! She just asked Frankfurt and after many emails they gave us the materials to do it! So we are the only countries in the world right now that have that! Hopefully all the rest will get them too.

My last zone conference this week. I helped Pres give the tech presentation and he teased me a lot about marriage and kissing boys. I bore my testimony. 
I testify that these are the last days. The days before Christ will come! It's not called the last years.. or the last century.... but the last days. 
I read this morning much about that. Let our hearts not fail us! Let us not fall by the wayside! Let us trust in God and trust in His plan for us! Do not get distracted!
Doctrine and Covenants 5and 8 Oh, this unbelieving and stiffnecked generation—mine anger is kindled against them. !!!!

Sister Richardson


​allred and I in Maribor


​DONT BE STIFFNECKED! I just put heat and icy hot we randomly found on it one morning and did not turn my head at all and it got better after taking some drugs and a few days 


​I was told these are the "alps"??

No comments:

Post a Comment