Sorry about the late email, very late. It has been an interesting week as per usual and will just get a little crazier from here! Especially with 12 new Elders arriving tomorrow! That is HUGE for our mission!
This week we....
- We went and helped a member Id never met before, with her computer.
- TRANSFERS but we were not surprised, Sister Allred and I will be another two months together, in Zagreb again! #callingsaregreat So that will be the two of us together for 6 months total! She is great though and I think we are doing great things

ROBIN! got baptized. She is so genuine. She met the APs at a bus stop and was like "Mormons! In Croatia?" and three weeks laters, baptized. Both the APs just went home so we are going to teach her all the lessons (she is going to teach us them, she is so smart. just gets it) She was confirmed yesterday. Good story: she wore her bra, obviously, to get baptized in and got out of the water and was like I forgot an extra bra!! so we blow dried hers in the bathroom and all had a good laugh about it. We have been in a lesson with her and translated for her in church. There is a special spirit at baptisms. Really amazing. She said this is what she has been looking for her whole life. Then conference right after, that night so really a huge spiritual boost. A lady who I accepted a baptismal date from me asking her a YEAR AGO in Zagreb came to watch, and she said "one day she wants to be a Mormon!" Malo po malo, progress. I spoke about the Holy Ghost and shared the words of Let the Holy Spirit Guide. Robin is here teaching English, she is from Arizona and living here for a while.

Dont let the sweaters fool you because we have eaten so much ice cream in the past week. Unhealthy stress relief but man, nothing beats the ice cream here. Except Aggie Blue Mint. But everything else, is sub par to Balkan ice cream.

me in my natural habitat- eating ice cream so so much. worth it
ROBIN! got baptized. She is so genuine. She met the APs at a bus stop and was like "Mormons! In Croatia?" and three weeks laters, baptized. Both the APs just went home so we are going to teach her all the lessons (she is going to teach us them, she is so smart. just gets it) She was confirmed yesterday. Good story: she wore her bra, obviously, to get baptized in and got out of the water and was like I forgot an extra bra!! so we blow dried hers in the bathroom and all had a good laugh about it. We have been in a lesson with her and translated for her in church. There is a special spirit at baptisms. Really amazing. She said this is what she has been looking for her whole life. Then conference right after, that night so really a huge spiritual boost. A lady who I accepted a baptismal date from me asking her a YEAR AGO in Zagreb came to watch, and she said "one day she wants to be a Mormon!" Malo po malo, progress. I spoke about the Holy Ghost and shared the words of Let the Holy Spirit Guide. Robin is here teaching English, she is from Arizona and living here for a while.
Dont let the sweaters fool you because we have eaten so much ice cream in the past week. Unhealthy stress relief but man, nothing beats the ice cream here. Except Aggie Blue Mint. But everything else, is sub par to Balkan ice cream.
me in my natural habitat- eating ice cream so so much. worth it
This guy crossed Sister Allred this week contacting and today I was casually buying some bananas and I turned around and there was a Jehovahs Witness and she put a pamphlet in my face and was like "do you have one?" I laughed and said, Sestra, imam već (Isusa) ali hvala! She laughed and was surprised we spoke Croatian. This guy told us "Bog nije bankomat!" and how we need to be grateful for what He has already given us and not just expect crazy things! Wise words from a man I thought was actually going to punch us, on the dark streets in the cold wind.
We trained a senior couple about the websites. Met this cool kid named, Andrew, whose dad is from Chicago. Made an interesting trip to the local medical clinic, pricat cemo o tome kasnije.
Apostles- so awesome to sustain three new brethren to the quorum of the 12 apostles. I think I am allowed to tell you? that we received translated news releases about it but had to fill in the blanks as far as how many and who right as they were announced! Stressful! And because of the time change that just complicated things a bit! But you can see more of some things we are working on (notice the good cover photos, thank you paint haha) www.facebook.com/mormoniSPD www.facebook.com/SPDmormoni and www.facebook.com/mormoni. sloveniji
Conference was just what I needed. I dont have my notebook which I need to review, but what stuck with me was that we just need to do the little things, day by day, and work on one thing at a time! I loved Uctdorf's SIMPLIFY. The gospel is simple. Let us always remember Christ, remember to do those things so that we can always have His Spirit to be with us. That is the most important.
Love you, have a safe week
Sestra Richardson
No comments:
Post a Comment