/script> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, August 3, 2015

We aint vampiri but we like vampiri

Draga obitelj (i tako dalje) moja, 

TRANSFERS are this week! But Sister Allred and I area staying together here in Zagreb for 9 more weeks and are sister trainer leaders now over the whole country! Ha. They combined Croatia NE and SW zones. So our responsibilities just tripled but it will be good!

We taught a member's sister, named Sadeta. We were dropping her off (the member) from a lesson once and saw her sister and basically invited ourselves over, she asked us to teach her how to make American pancakes. So we had "dinner" with them and taught the restoration. She came to church! Awesome. We are really excited to be talking with her. In Sunday school she told me that during sacrament she felt like she could she and feel something, like Jesus was sitting next to her. Like she saw the profile of his face, she said. She saw an evandelje pamphlet so we are going to teach that this week. Really cool lesson with them. Solid. 
Also, I am casually playing the prelude yesterday- and a member of the 70 walks in, Elder Jairo Mazzagardi from Brazil. He was on vacation in the area! So he took a few minutes of our sacrament meeting. Awesome man, powerful tesitmony, powerful booming voice. Told us how fast the Church in Brazil has grown and my mouth DROPPED.  Told us it was our turn. RM came home from serving in the Adriatic South mission and gave his testimony as well, told the members they need to say YES to the missionaries and need to help them, that we are in this together! I shed some tears during most of the meeting. True. If there are missionaries in your area, give them people they can serve, if you can- people to teach, feed them (they are hungry, I promise) and if nothing else, pray for them! Members and missionaries must work together.  Svaka clan misionar! To je zaista Bozji plan! I had to translate in Sundayschool and I haven't done that in a while and it was a deep New Testament lesson, whew. S Bogom mogu sve!

We talked to three Asains in English this week, gave them English mormon.org cards. So nice, soooo nice. Two from Taiwan, one from I think South Korea. One said he would come to church and call us.

Contacted this girl named Dora. She's 20 years old. She was like where are you guys walking to? I was like uh, the church! So we walked with her to the church and gave her a tour! She, like allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll of our investigators, is on the sea now though. And this other cool girl named Didi but we actually ended up teaching her at the church and then she was like let's go to a kafic! So we ended up teaching her a lesson at a cafe ha, but she agreed to take all the lessons at church after we talked with her. Bolestan.  She said she posted a pic of us on Facebook.  Everyone crosses themselves and puts on their jackets when they walk into the chapel. Every time.

Met with a less active this week who was on the team that just finished the updated translation of the Croatian Book of Mormon!! She is so cool. Told us how the gospel completely changed her life. Told me I had nice teeth and I told her they were expensive.. she thought they were fake! #braces #thanksmom

This week someone asked us if we can give blood or not. And I learned that vampires originated in Serbia! It makes sense. Jehovahs witnesses can't give or receive blood, we learned later. Also, we contacted a JW, she thought we were JWs when we approached her. They are having a stake conference type thing this weekend in Zagreb.

I bought these like knee length biking short things for 8 bucks. EVERYONE here especially where we live around the lake bikes and rollerblades. I fit in now with natives for morning workout!

This week I have been read Jesus the Christ. I marvel at what the Savior did and still does for us. It's a good read. Takes a lot of focus. He is our savior! I love Him!
& I LOVE YOU
Sestra Richardson




No comments:

Post a Comment