/script> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, May 18, 2015

Koliko dugo si ovde? Tu sam vec godina dana.

I left my brain (my planner) at home... but I will try to recall what happened this week!

We went and walked in a forest with our cool investigator M on Pday. We just talked about life. In a lesson with her later in the week she was like I started reading 3 Nefi 11 like you asked me to, and I think it's cool how Jesus sounds the same in your book as he did in the Bible! Then she said how she started reading, from the beginning, the Book of Mormon and read for THREE HOURS. She asked about the two sons and about what ends up happening to them, and a lot about Mormon and Moroni. She is really hesitant to give up "her beliefs" -- culture, but we just invite her to be baptized and she said she will pray about it. We told her obviously she can still keep her culture! Just add to what you already believe, new truths. 

She said she watched meet the mormons on youtube! So a lot of things we explained to her (how church goes, service, etc) she already knew about and referenced. I'm not sure how she found it but that was awesome. She talked about all the people like us (members) she meets they just have this sincerity and light. Ekstra pasulj. 

Another investigator we also had a lesson in the forest with, D. (one week bars, another week forests? Haha) He has been SUPER persistent about not praying. In our lesson though, he said he would at least try. He came late to church but after priesthood meeting ran up to me and was like- "I think I'm actually getting an answer!" We are excited.

Sister Raic last night wanted to show us how real Serbians have a family dinner, so she invited Sister Kawaii and I to a HUGE dinner with her and her family, and invited alll 3 of the American embassy families. It was a great way to have a sabbath day dinner, um. But they were SO nice and hospitable. We had it at her cousin's place because it was the only place big enough. It was courses of bread, then salad, then huge meat plates, cheese, then more meat, then chocolate. And a live band!  She shared her conversion story with everyone there and I translated the whole meal haha and so did one of the embassy dads. Her husband (I hope I havent already told you this) was on the operation table and just got out of surgery and one of the elders called him-- they had talked like 3 years before and his number was still in the Elder's phone. He thought (the father) that he had died because he heard "Staresina" (which translates more like priest here) Anyways, the dad took is as a sign from God and the Elders taught them. A few months later they were baptized- that was a year ago. THEY ARE SO GOOD.
God prepares people in every stage of life.

To top off the night they gave a bottle of homemade Rakija and a wood keg to one of the families there because they gave them a fancy candle! Hahaha. Serbian tradition- give a gift you will get one back! 

This week I have been studying "Let my people go!" and the story of Moses parting the red sea and getting all his out of Egypt, etc. etc. God doesn't just let us have it super super easy in life even when we are Moses-- He ALLOWS hard things to happen to us and trials to come our way to test us and let us grow!

I testify that God is there for us when we kneel to him in prayer!

OH! Another miracle. I almost forgot. On Monday after pday I was like Sister Kawai pray over a street and we will go tract it. We don't pray specifically like that, but we that night. So we go to this street way far away and go to the first building I have a feeling we should go into. After getting yelled at a few times on the intercom trying to get people to let us in, we go up a ghetto, g h e t t o elevator. Get out, pray, ring the first bell. This Siamese cat SPRINTS out the door and runs down 5 flights of stairs, the dad runs out and chases it.  I'm like sorry sorry we are missionaries, etc etc and the mom is like, "Oh, polygamists! Well we are atheists anyway." I was like well I know God wants us to share a message with your family!  So a few minutes later she lets us in and we are teaching this mom and dad and their two young girls and their cat Maza hahaha. She was so interested in the Book of Mormon.  Getting let in tracting- the FIRST door- and to normal people- and a FAMILY!  It was a miracle.

God loves us. He wants us to understand why we are here.
I love you! I pray for you. 

сестра Ричардсон







No comments:

Post a Comment