/script> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, January 19, 2015

feet-eating fish, exchange in Sremska

PORODICE I PRIJATELJI,

Okay these videos are what happened last week: I'm going to try and send you guys pictures and videos more because I feel like those say it best!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6e4WzDHC-U7TlpHcjc1bTZYb2M&authuser=0
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6e4WzDHC-U7dWF0QTlhbjFaRkU&authuser=0
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6e4WzDHC-U7LTVVSEZuN3lBOFU&authuser=0

This last Pday we got FISH PEDICURES. It was.. a little bit sketchy, but fun! I sat in the tank with the bigger fish and I was so squeamish and it just tickled! The littler ones just feel like a feather tickling you but the big ones you know they are eating the dead skin right off ya! No regrets though, we did it! We made the Elders do it too.

I was off to Sremska Mitrovica! From one of the biggest areas in the mission to the smallest. I think we contacted almost the whole city while I was there- and when we tracted everyone already knew who we were! But it was great. I was on exchange with Sister Allred from Missouri. We went running and it was so nice. I have made Sis K go running with me too lately, it is finally warm enough. We had people contact US instead of us contacting them while we were there, telling us about the Orthodox church.. Lately when I have street contacted I tell people I am not from here and I want to practice my Serbian with them and then I ask them if I can! We have taught several cool lessons on the street this way, it has been great.

You know the TV show hoarders? We went and found a non active member from off the records and she let us in. The house was just, hmm. Bless her soul, bless our souls. When she said a closing prayer with us after a very brief visit I could hear something moving in the pile of stuff next to me on the couch? I think it was a couch. Hmm. We went home and I did not feel very good. Poor lady, she really needs help. I offered it though and she really did not want it and apparently a very long time ago missionaries took everything out of that whole apt..

We had a lesson with an investigator this week about the sacrament and watched the last supper bible video on our ghetto DVD player. She couldn't really see the Serbian subtitles on that little screen but she understood it all. It was powerful, at the end of the lesson she bore her testimony to US rather than vise versa about the Savior. She has work every Sunday so she has not been able to come to church yet, but I pray for her every day. She is just one of those people you meet that you know has Christ in her life. She wanted to start the Book of Mormon from cover to end, I am going to read it along with her. I have high hopes for her!

We marinated chicken in Fanta grape soda and ate it one dinner.. anything we can eat to get us through the week haha. Anything quick, easy, somewhat healthy? I finished making logos for the foreign language pages, I just have to merge the old and new pages now! That's what I do while Sis K teaches German class. If you can see this, here is the start: https://www.facebook.com/pages/%D0%91%D0%B5%D0%BE%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B4-%D0%91%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BF%D0%BB%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%BD%D0%B8-%D0%A7%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8-%D0%A1%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%85-%D0%88%D0%B5%D0%B7%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0/898558293510376

Sis K and I taught 3rd hour of church yesterday to all the adults. There are some really smart and wise people in this branch and I felt really inadequate. It was about D&C 3:3-4 and we just kind of had to interpret it and read other scriptures! We talked about how God's work always continues no matter what and He is in control.

I love you all!!!!!!! Okay I have some requests. When you email me, send pictures!!!! And in your next emails, answer these questions if you so desire. 
1) How has your knowledge of the plan of salvation (where we are from, where we are going, the fact that we will be judged one day) shaped your life?
2) What would you ask people out on the street if you were in my shoes?
3) What do you tell people when they ask where I am serving? Like with B-rad I would always be like El Salvador.. (people: "okay, yeah.") Do you know where that is? ("hmm not really") Oh it's below Mexico and before South America, by Guatemala.

Sestra Richardson

pictures: fish and the logo




No comments:

Post a Comment