Dobro jutro!
I'm really excited for today because A. we are going to sit on the shore at the beach (yay for staying safe by not swimming! but really. I love that rule not even joking) and B. we will get to hear about transfers tonight! So I may or may not be in Rijeka in about a week and a half. My guess is I will be though. But I might have a new companion, don't know yet.
Yesterday at church a member of our branch asked how long I'd been serving. I said I'd been in Rijeka for a month. Sestra K was like.. it has definitely been 2! Crazy. Time flies here. The days are long but then you're like it's P day again? How??
We had a lesson with one of our investigators about the importance of the Book of Mormon as a book and as a witness of Christ. But more so than that, that we are so insistant on having people read it because if the Book of Mormon is true, that means Joseph Smith had to translate it, and he had to do it by the power of God, and that means God's church is this church, His power is with us! And we can be saved through following Jesus Christ and enduring to the end. She loved that. Loved it. We made a reading calendar for her with different chapters to read every day and we text her every night to follow up and ask how it went. I love her so much! She is really cool.
We went through our area book this week and everyone who was in the number or address incorrect section we facebook stalked on the mission facebook and messaged them. I can't wait til we have iPads and can be less creepy by using our own FB accounts.
We didn't get any new investigators this week, but I did give out 3 Book of Mormons (or is it Books of Mormon?) this week tracting! We went almost every night. One old man talked at us for about 40 minutes on his doorstep about how we are bothering people and they don't need our message, how we need to go out and do service to children in Africa. So the conversation turned semi good so Ses K stuck out her hand and shook his and introduced herself and he just held onto it. For a good 5 minutes. I laughed aloud twice- I couldn't help it. After he had talked to us for a while, Ses K asked him another question and he looked confused. He asked us where we were from and we said "iz Amerike!" He laughed and said I am so so so sorry! He said you didn't understand me at all! We were like no haha we did for some of it though! And he was like oh pretty girls bless you bless you you are from America. So that was interesting. We do have three return appointments with families this week from tracting. I'm really pumped about that. I made one professor take a Mormonova Kniga. I told him I promised that if he'd read it it would change his life. (I know he was a professor because it said that on his door- they all have their names on their door) He took it and said he would. I was super bold. But it felt really good. I told him that book had changed my life and I promise it would change his- and it was besplatno je!
We volunteered at club heart again this Tuesday. We taught English for an hour. We handed out pictures of fruits, veggies, sports, animals. And then we'd say phrases like I eat... or I love.. or I play.. One student said, "I eat cats!" Because carrots was really hard to pronouce. They are so so sweet. I love going there. They are so innocent and you can see the light of Christ in their eyes. Also there are a lot of cats here. I probably saw 60 different ones yesterday.
We made tacos this week. They had tortillas here for Mexican week at our local grocery store so we bought a lot. We ate them for three meals in a row and a night snack. We had aktivnost this week be a birthday activity because of birthdays in the branch. We played cards and frosted and lit and ate cupcakes. In that order. It was lots of fun, and a lot of people came. One member offered to let us borrow her cat to get rid of the mice in our house. The members here are GOLD.
English advertising- we are restarting our English class up again. I designed new flyers using *microsoft publisher* it was rough but they look decent. I miss illustrator. Never thought I'd use that skill on my mission! We handed out 200 English flyers in one day. The Lord shared a miracle with us. So it rained a lot this week and we don't tract during the day, lots of lessons fell through, but it was raining so we couldn't go street contact about our English class restart. I prayed all morning that it would let up. It rained on the way to get the flyers printed, on the way to lunch, but as soon as we walked out the door to talk to people, IT STOPPED. The Lord is so good. When we'd come inside it'd start up again. It was truly a miracle. I wore a black business-looking blazer and Ses K this beautiful scarf and people were surprisingly really nice to us and wanted our flyers. I said we need to dress up every day haha! But also not because a guy at a cafe made us come talk to him as we walked past and asked if we had any women for him or if he could buy us a drink or get a picture from us? I said we only had pictures of Jesus.. Never a dull moment here. There was a big Vespa convention and so we went and contacted on the harbor but we got whistled at by this Mariači (sp?) band and so we left and went back into centar. Awkward.
Also, when we were English contacting, we were about 20 feet (horizontal) away from this woman and her husband and daughter. I had this feeling I could not deny that I needed to divert my path and walk and give her one. I tried to deny the feeling but it wouldn't go away. I walked and gave her one. She was thrilled. Thrilled! She spoke English but she really wanted to come practice and was super nice and adorable family and she said sto posto she would definitely come. That was a good day. I am so excited, and grateful for that prompting.
Volim te puno puno. Don't forget to pray. Choose the right. Be nice to everyone. More good words.
- Sestra Richardson
pics: setup of the Europe area meeting, boat with my number on it, me and the harbor.
another selfie, birthday aktivnost, what a "meal" looks like when you're out and about.. but the juice here is to die for
No comments:
Post a Comment