/script> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Hrid bol krv smrt..

Moj dragi people, 

First things first: THE FOURTH OF JULY. All we were really told was we have a devotional at 7:30, don't be late. So we followed suit..pun intended.  We sang and all were happy and very colorfully dressed and then casually at the end of the speaker and closing prayer President Nally got up and told us that we were going to watch 17 Miracles! That was a miracle itself. Hahaha. I have never enjoyed media more than I do now. THEN after that-- it was 10:15 I think?? We were all exhausted (we go back to the residence every day at 9:30 and are in bed by 10:30) and AGAIN he got up and said, oh, PS there is an ice cream truck outside these doors, and Sister Carrie Underwood just finished so now we can look outside and see fireworks. We again did so. Never have a seen a happier MTC crowd. IT WAS SO GREAT. LET FREEDOM RING. I told my companions there is honestly nothing else I would rather be doing and no one else I would rather be serving as we watched the stadium of fire fireworks show.

We cleaned the temple this morning as a district since it is closed. We helped clean decorations, I actually put new trees in haha! Some Sisters wanted to clean chanderliers but I said Nah give me some real work! My hands are all cut up, worth it. I miss hard physical labor like that. Is that weird?

I told my companions, "let's just be friends." But it was in weird context.. we were playing the role of investigators and we had to make up a story about ourselves. We were all trying to make this complex story and I wanted to simplify it.. I don't know if you find that funny or it had to be in context but for some reason right when I said that class was silent and our teachers laughed and we laughed harder and yep. 

I hunted down Shayna (Sister Griffin) who I served with in my ward in Logan-- I attacked her in the cafeteria and she cried and I told her all would be well and yes! Always so good to see familiar faces.

They announced in Sunday mission conference that we will now teach lesson 5 from PMG before baptism instead of after, and then reteach all the lessons again after baptism. Also we will keep in contact with each new convert for months! And our mission is getting iPhones and iPads this week- so exciting! Josh Wright played the piano and spoke to us Sundaynight for the devo. He was amazing. You'll have to look him up. 

One of our goals as a companionship has been for me to speak less in the lessons and Sestras M & K to speak more! Language study has been intense this week (and always) and I just want to share all I know and love! So for a lesson with Valentino, I pretended to be sick and have no voice, so they could teach more. Our teacher's boss came in and sat in on the lesson. It was so hard for me not to chime in! I can't believe we only have like a week and a half left. Sometimes I'm like alright send me I'm ready- other days I'm nervous. But I know I can do all with the Lord on my side. I laugh so much with my companions. I finished some translating our teachers wanted us to do so I made phrases for myself to translate. I couldn't think of any more and so Sestra Kawai asked me what's something I would say daily. I thought for a moment and replied, "I'm hungry for lunch!" We were in tears laughing at this. I don't even know.. Everything is just better at the MTC. (except the food) BUT tender mercies because THEY HAD BAKED POTATOES IN THE LEFT OVER LINE. I ate them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, breakfast, and lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. They never ever have those.

Mom and Dad-- Brat Bell (one of my teachers) gave an example of conducting a meeting. He said, "Sister Ivans will lead." I got so excited! He said how much he loved both of them. You'll have to tell them. 

About the title of this email-- Okay so I'm trying to simplify explaining this in any way I can.. basically they have masculine, feminine, and neuter cases AND feminine 4th in Croatian. I made a song about the feminine fourth cases... because they are all the exceptions. I made this to remember them.. and translated it for your enjoyment. It also has hand motions.. so. We put together words that meant similar things. Hence cliff pain blood death.
pamet narav                     memory character
jesen kći                         autumn daughter
misao stvar                      thought thing
laž rijeć                           lie word
većer noć                         evening night
pomoć moć                     help power
hrid bol krv smrt                cliff pain blood death
ljubav obitelj                     love family
i ost est osim most(a)       and (words that end in) -ost, -est, except for most (means: bridge)
to je ženska četiri.            that is feminine fourth.
(tune of twinkle twinkle little star)

Just imagine me singing that. When one of us gets a package it's like we all get a package. Sestra Kawai's mom sent her rice cakes and all kinds of food and we were just wow. So happy. WE SKYPED WITH JUSUF. For TRC. Which I'm still not quite sure what that stands for. He's a member that lives in Zagreb. Oh my goodness I love that man. He's been baptized for a year and a half now (I believe) and wow. So strong in the gospel. I was almost in tears when I left. I love all the people there already. I cannot wait. We taught about the Holy Ghost and how we can be clean and listen to him every day if we are worthy and working towards having him as our companion constantly. 

I LOVE YOU ALL. I drooled toothpaste on myself this week while brushing my teeth. Also if anyone knows if there is Cafe Rio in the SLC airport you should tell me..  Life is good. If anyone is still reading, in the next email you should send me an experience you have had about the Holy Ghost. I love and pray for you.
- Sestra Richardson

PS the card readers are not working again. So sorry! If they were.. imagine this week's pictures: me an infamous tree here that smells like cream soda (no but I promise it really does), us in our forth of July getup, me with letters and packages, eating some sourdough bread while wearing Brad's robe, and Sestra Kawai and I singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment