/script> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Birati Ispravno (choose correctly)

Bok svi!

Oh wow how I love typing. Especially in English. Last P-Day we did TRC- it's teaching to a member instead of an investigator and we taught these two RM sisters from Croatia and then just spoke to them in English for so long about the mission. Basically here are the things I learned: they have the prettiest views, BEST food and fruit juices, and ice cream (one said it is a close second to Aggie ice cream- hard to believe though) and that people like to answer their door not clothed. So that was interesting. I also learned the longest Croatian word- prijestolonaslijednikovia- it means wife of an heir to the throne. Croatian has really obvious words like.. doručak. Ručak means luck, doručak means "until lunch".. so breakfast!  I heard Croatia lost their first world cup game but won to Cameroon? today 4-0. Whenever you tell non-missionaries (MTC employees) where you're going on your mission they update you on how that country is doing in world cup. It's great.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOMMY AND PAPA! 29 years (I hope that's right) I'm glad two Aggies met in a institute building and marriaged. 

At the temple today, as we were leaving an older fellow said, "Give 'em heaven!" Hahahaha I loved that. And that's exactly what we're planning to do. I continue to study hard each day and do the best I can because I want to be able to communicate and be the best I can be. I know the Spirit it what truly teaches lessons, though. We learned about waiting for the spirit to guide us and to ask inspired questions this week. It was amazing. I really have noticed a huge change in our lessons. 

We bribed Valentino (Brat West)-  one of our investigators with candy if he'd continue to try to stop smoking and to pray for Heavenly Father's help with it. We had "Robert" (Brat Bell) come to one of our lessons with us as a member. Brat West wrote and we sang a song for Valentino about riječ mudrosti, the word of wisdom. 

Nemojte pušiti i, piti, kavu i čaj, 
Samo vočne, čajeve, to je, nama, riječ mudrosti!
Stvorili smo ovu pesmu za tebe, naš dragi Valentino, hey!
(sung to the tune of Pioneer children sang as they walked and walked and walked!)

Wow I love my teachers. They challenge us every day to be better, study harder, and learn more! I don't like letting them down. Also they keep us updated on an occasional few things from the outside world, so. There's that. "Work" in Croatian is "rad." Working hard is really rad. I also learned that chain is "lanac" because I wore by gold chain and everyone called me a thug..

I was walking and a Sister said she liked my outfit. I said, "Thanks! Skirt from the DI (the best) and top from J. Crew! A passing Elder yelled, "I love J. Crew!" Now I see him everywhere and such. 

"Se" is a reflexive something or other in Croatian.. still trying to figure out what that means but basically this week I said "Ja sam se jela" which means.. I ate myself. Instead of saying I ate. 

HAHAHAHA okay the best-- so sorry if I bore you with the word mix ups but they're so funny. So Sheri Dew came and spoke to us Sunday and it was amazing. In class the next day we were talking about it and also talking about the Holy Ghost- Sveti Duh. (the Duh sounds like dew) So Brat Jacobsen said, "Sestra Dew" and we all thought he said, "Sister Ghost" hahahaha but he meant "Sister Sheri Dew". It was in the middle of a very serious lesson so I tried so hard to hold all my laughter in. Don't worry we laughed about it every free moment we had for the rest of the day. 

Elder Ballard spoke to us Tuesday. In the MTC choir we sand Consider the Lillies. It was beautiful. He said to be strong in faith and wise in service. He counselled that the prophet and the twelve will never lead us astray, and that the noise of the world will always try and stop missionary work. I challenge everyone to not be ashamed of the happy message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! 

I got to be a host this Weds for the new missionaries. The first one I had was an international and didn't speak English so that was interestingly great. Later I saw Morgan Robinson (great friend and USU Ambassador) on the curb as her parents drove off and hug-attacked her and screamed and we hit heads pretty hard. Worth it. I helped her to her room and all that great stuff! It's always amazing to see a familiar face. Lots of WX kids came in this week..

When we think of endurance, what do you think of? Running. It's hard, it's tedious. In the end, it is worth it. You feel so happy and you know you've done a great thing. Life is the hardest run EVER and so are missions. But it's short- look up that four minutes talk from last conference. If we endure it well, how great will be our reward. Endure to the end, folks. Love your neighbors and homies and everyone around you. Read EVERY DAY. I am turning into a chastising-by-email missionary. I want to hear where you are currently reading in the scriptures and why it is helping you/how you are applying it in your life right now. 

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH
Love, 
Sestra Richardson






No comments:

Post a Comment